Monday, October 17, 2005

Duets of Destiny

Being inspired by my most recent entry, I’ve decided to list my top five duet rolls in a movie that have yet to happen and probably never will. Here are the first 2 pairs. Number 5: Bradley Whitford and Lance Bass This may come as a surprise to some of my adoring blog fans that this just made it on the list at number 5. I thought it would be higher too. I would pay double to see a movie with these two gents in supporting roles of each other. I could definitely a picture that combines the cinematic genius of On the Line and the writing magnificence of The West Wing. Or, even better, these two actors could team up to shoot a remake of the timeless classic, What’s Eating Gilbert Grape. Mr. Whitford could definitely fill the shoes of Johnny Depp’s selfless character, Gilbert and Mr. Bass was practically born to play the role of Arnie, Gilbert’s little brother, originally portrayed by a budding Leonardo DiCaprio. These are just my thoughts. Number 4: Benjamin Bratt and Dame Judi Dench This combination may seem a little bit farfetched but after watching both Miss Congeniality flicks and Shakespeare in Love it is easy to see why these two would work great together. Bratt brings his Law and Order background while Dench has been in all of the modern James Bond flicks. I wouldn’t mind watching another Law and Order spin-off with these two starring. It could possibly be a show dealing with obscure crimes. He would specialize in catching those who commit crimes of leaving successful TV careers to pursue one in film, while Dench would hunt down proper grammar offenders. She would of course be supported by her cast of other British knights and Dames. Again, this is just one of many possibilities. Do not fear, my loyal fans, the final three installments are coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home