Thursday, January 26, 2006

Farewell to Film

Being that this is my final post that counts for credit, I would like to take this opportunity to say a few thanks. Firstly, I would like to thank my agent. In High School terms that means guidance counselor. Although my counselor did nothing to put me in this class, she physically constructed this schedule. She placed this class onto the list of classes I would be taking and allowed me to walk into that classroom that first day of first quarter. That thank you was quite frivolous. However, I have some actually gracious acknowledgements to dish out. I would like to thank my teacher, Mr. D, for taking a risk and offering this course. He flew by the seat of his pants, I’m guessing, and brought us pertinent films that showed the most classic conventions of the film industry. In addition to the classic films he showed some unconventional films that most of the class would not ordinarily see. My teacher took a chance on a bunch of unsuspecting teenagers with no knowledge of film and immersed us in a world full of great film and art. Thank you for that Mr. D. My final thank you is to myself. This may seem vain and seems like a cry for a Carly Simon song, but I do need to thank myself. I want to thank myself for signing up for a class that I had no previous knowledge to bring to, except for the fact that I watched a lot of movies and other moving pictures. I signed up for a class in my senior that would require a lot of work, but would expose me to so many rewarding things. That takes a lot of chutzpah and nachus for a 12th grader who was extremely tired after 3 hardcore years of high schooling. I will stop talking about myself and stop talking all together. Thank you everyone who allowed me the possibility to be enrolled in this class and thank you again, Mr. D. for teaching us. Good night and good luck, ladies and gentlemen. It’s been a great ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home