Wednesday, January 25, 2006

My ideas are crap

Here is a list of places where I would like to shoot an entire film, from start to finish. 1. The inside of a pyramid. I would take my main character, put him inside a pyramid with a camera and a small child, lock the doors and record the events. 2. A commuter railcar. It wouldn’t necessarily be a specific car like the food car or the car with the bathroom. However I would love to record the actions of a day on the train, watching the people come and go and listening to what everyone has to say. 3. My final setting that could outlast an entire film would have to be a bathroom stall. My character would never be shot on camera. The perspective would be from his eyes looking out of the stall. He would write on the walls, scream for more toilet paper, light a match or two, and finally call that number that offers a good time. So I realized that no movie could effectively be shot in one location. However, I feel it would be a very interesting experiment, an exercise in film, if you will. I do not know if there would be any special effects or editing. I don’t even think I would have music. I would just let the camera record and then consider that my movie. Some may call it laziness and others may call it a cop out. Still others call it modern art. I call it genius in innovation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home