Sunday, January 08, 2006

My directorial debut

The first few days of filming have been slow. We had a structure that we wanted to see created, but we didn’t know how to execute. We all came at the problem from a different angle. It seemed like everyone in the group had at least six different ideas. Whenever I have a project to get done I feel like I always need to be the leader of the group and it turns out that everyone turns to me to answer all of their questions. The first few days of films were very slow, but we picked it up. I have loved being director. In the past I’ve been the guy in front of the camera doing outrageous stunts, making a fool of myself and just being an all around star. This time around I wanted to try something new and I wanted to give the spotlight to someone else. Being at the helm of the whole production is quite interesting. The fact that everything bounces off of me is very fun. However, I like to pride myself that I always ask the rest of my crew’s opinion. I hope they realize that because an unhappy crew is an unhappy film. Besides that I really do enjoy figuring out the different shots we need to shoot, the camera angles, the dialogue, the sequence of events, and the placement of every aspect of the filming process. It’s a lot of work to do but it is enjoyable work and when I see what comes out of that work and the work of my crew I realize the accomplishments we have made. Hopefully the rest of the class will recognize our hard work to make the whole process worthwhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home